Associate in 艺术s in 心理学 for Transfer
部门. /No. -标题-单位
PSY-001 General 心理学 – 3
PSY-003 Developmental 心理学 – 3
PSY-005 Behavioral and Social Science Research Methods – 4
MATH-014 Statistical Methods OR
SOC-003 Fundamentals of Statistics – 4
BI-004 Elements of Biology – 3
BI-004L Elements of Biology Lab – 1
Select one course from the following (3 units):
PSY-010, PSY-012, PSY-020, PSY-023, PSY-033 – 3
心理学 for Transfer Overview
心理学 is defined as the scientific study of behavior and the mind. The Associate in 艺术s in 心理学 for Transfer allows students to utilize research methods; evaluate the credibility of research, 理论, and applications; understand the core fields, paradigms and 理论; apply psychological concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends to questions and issues in personal experience and contemporary society; recognize the complexity of social, 文化, and international diversity; and understand the ethical standards in academic and applied psychology.
A “C” grade in all courses for the major is required.
This degree includes the following completion requirements:
(1) Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
(A) The Intersegmental 通识教育 Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University 通识教育-Breadth Requirements.
(B) A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
(2) Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
Student Learning Outcomes 心理学 for Transfer
Upon successful completion of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze and communicate psychological concepts using current research. (Institutional SLOs: Communication, Critical Thinking, Ethics, and Informational Competency)
- 艺术iculate awareness of how the diverse world impacts the psychological development of people. (Institutional SLOs: Critical Thinking, Information Competency, and Personal; Development)
- Utilize psychological terminology to analyze and evaluate issues regarding psychological concepts. (Institutional SLOs: Communication, Ethical Thinking, Ethics, and Information Competency)
Associate in 艺术s in 心理学 for Transfer lays the foundation for many other rewarding, 令人兴奋的, and fulfilling careers.
- 社会工作者. Social work can be a common landing spot for graduates with a bachelor’s degree in psychology
Open this Website for more Information:
Students must complete the required courses for their major. General education units, transferable electives, and total degree units will vary for each student. Some considerations include the courses (and their respective units) chosen to complete a general education area or transferable elective, and if required courses for your major also count toward a general education area. Please see your academic counselor to help you reach your educational goals.